Tuesday, September 25, 2007

O'Reilly Admits black-owned restaurant was actually "Hip deep in crack dealers screaming 'Where my iced tea be at?'"



NEW YORK Sep 27 2007- Days after Right Wing talk show host Bill O'Reilly was blasted by African American civil right activists, for making racist statements regarding a recent visit to a Harlem restaurant, the conservative pundit has retracted his inflammatory comments.

Host of the popular Fox News program "The O'Reilly Factor", Mr. O'Reilly was quoted in saying that he "Couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks."

He went on to make his most offensive comment with: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's [Restaurant] who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "

After numerous protests from civil rights organizations, O'Reilly has offered a public apology, and a clarification as to the events of that evening. "I'm deeply sorry and ashamed at my earlier statements,” said O'Reilly "The truth of the matter is that Sylva's was hip deep in crack dealers, pimps, and gangsta rappers, many of who were, in fact, loudly screaming 'Where my iced tea be at, bitch?' I apologize for portraying the African American dining experience incorrectly."

"Once again I apologize for my earlier claim that African Americans and Caucasian Americans are exactly the same. You may rest assured that our differences are vast and insurmountable" continued O'Reilly "Please forgive my insensitive statements, and let me assure you that Harlem is a Third World hellhole filled with naked savages with bones through their noses."

No comments: